I’ve been adding and removing items from my baby registry for the past couple of weeks. To be honest, I copied a few registries of momma friends of mine and then tailored them to what I think we will need or swapped out a few items to make it more gender neutral once we officially decided we were going to be surprised.
Here are a few items that I think would make thoughtful and fun baby gifts that that fall under the ‘wish’ category vs. ‘need.’
- Highchair Mat – Gathre is known for their beautiful and functional leather mats. They create leather, wipeable/washable mats in a range of sizes. I’m partial to the highchair mat because I’ve registered for some play mats and we have a Keekaroo changing pad. I think this would be great to keep in our dining room area where Baby M’s future high chair will live.
- Brown Bear Baby Soothie – This 100% organic cotton knitted bear from Estella NYC is the sweetest lovey. I had a few soothie type items growing up (a monkey and a blanket, specifically), so there’s a good chance that Baby M will gravitate to something, and I could only hope it could be something as sweet as this baby bear.
- Heart Keepsake Blanket – This Peruvian 100% cotton blanket by Estella NYC is not only cross functional but something that we could keep for years to come. I could see us using it for monthly photos to document Baby M’s first year of life, bringing it along to Grandma’s house, and snuggling on the couch with our little family.
- Ollie World Swaddle – There are hundreds of swaddles to pick from but I’m drawn to these Ollie World swaddles because they are made from a custom moisture-wicking material to reduce the risk of overheating. It also allows easier access with an opening at the bottom for quick diaper changes. Not only does it allow a custom fit, it’s one size will accommodate Baby M as they continue to grow!
- Organic Knitted Rattles – Need I explain more? How adorable are these knitted rattles? If cute animals aren’t your thing, try sports, or my favorite, NYC themed rattles!
- Ring Sling – While I’ve registered for another baby carrier, I’ve seen tons of other moms post on Instagram and their blogs how much they love wearing their babies. It not only strengthens a greater bond with your babe, but to help free up your hands so you can multitask if need be! At this point, I think I’d prefer a ring sling, like this one from Lille Baby, to a wrap (which they also sell, carriers too!) as it seems less complicated, but I feel like it’s something to master. Practice, practice, practice (or watch how-to videos)! This wrap is 100% linen and even comes with a detachable pouch so you can easily access your essentials (keys, phone, chapstick).
- Dock A Tot – This may be the number one newborn item on my wish list. We have a crib and have registered for a portable bassinet, I know from a lot of my mom friends that the Dock A Tot is a must have around the house and for traveling. You can use it for tummy time, cuddling, playtime, diaper changes, lounging, you name it! It comes in two sizes, Deluxe for 0-8 months and Grand for 9-36 months. My nephew used both the Deluxe and now lounges in the Grand and I know he loves it!
- Moses Basket – I mentioned above, I’ve already registered for a portable/packable bassinet. While I’m trying to be practical with our registry, this is something I would love to have to move around our house for Baby M to nap in, photograph (they are just so beautiful), and get the rocker stand to go with it so we can use it to its full potential. It’s not a practical add to my registry, but why not add it!
- Shopping Cart Hammock – This shopping cart hammock from Binxy Baby is GENIUS. To be honest, a fear of mine is taking Baby M to the store for the first time on our own. From the car transfer (do you take the stroller, the sling, the car seat??) to how to handle a newborn if you need to use a cart. This hammock dissolves all my fears. It rolls up so it easily to fit in the diaper bag and can secure to most shopping carts. Not only can your baby be safe and secure from newborn size to until they can sit up, it also can hold your car seat, up to 50lb.
- The Story of You – Baby Book – There are so many options for baby books, but this book from Artifact Uprising would be quite the investment. After our wedding, I got some prints and made a few photo albums for each set of parents. They have amazing quality in their books and prints so I know this would be just as high quality. It would also force me to print more photos that I will inevitably take of Baby M.
I teamed up with Estella NYC to offer 15% off your order when you use ‘Motherhood15’ at checkout!
Let me know, do you prefer to shop for fun, one of a kind items, or do you stick to people’s registries when shopping for baby gifts?!
This post is sponsored by Estella NYC. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting content that makes this blog possible!